Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
This Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy has been established by Jaipur Living, Inc. (“Jaipur Living”) to help insure the reputation of Jaipur Living as a top producer of high-quality products, to protect the reputation of its name and products, and to protect the distributors of our products. This MAP Policy protects our retailers in the US and Canada by helping them to avoid inter-brand conflicts and to ensure that sellers and distributors have the incentive to invest resources into services for Jaipur Living customers. We recognize that our success is tied to the success of our network of select authorized dealers. We also know that many of our dealers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. We want to protect their ability to do so, while at the same time discouraging price-based advertising that would be detrimental to our dealer's service and support efforts. As a result, Jaipur Living has unilaterally established this MAP Policy.
2. GENERAL POLICY
Jaipur Living gives its resellers the ability to sell and promote Jaipur Living branded products in both their retail stores and through the Internet. However, in order to establish a fair and level playing field while allowing individual pricing decisions, all U.S. and Canada resellers of Jaipur Living products must adhere to this MAP Policy. This Policy is being implemented unilaterally, and Jaipur Living will not invite or accept any input into how the policy will be administered or maintained. Further, this is not an agreement, and Jaipur Living will not ask for or accept any assurance of compliance or other agreement. Jaipur Living, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP policy at a price lower that the MAP.
3. General Guidelines
- a. Jaipur Living will, from time to time, update and/or publish a Minimum Advertised Pricing schedule (the “MAP Schedule”), which may be amended by Jaipur Living at any time and in its sole discretion. The MAP Schedule will identify the effective date, the products, and the Manufacturer’s Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) for those products. It will be a violation of this Policy to advertise a product identified in the MAP Schedule below the listed MAP. Jaipur Living products not specifically identified in the MAP Schedule are not subject to this Policy.
- b. Jaipur Living recognizes that dealers are free to make their own decisions to advertise and sell any Jaipur Living product at any price they choose, without consulting or advising Jaipur Living. Similarly, Jaipur Living will exercise its right to make its own decisions regarding its Authorized Resellers, supplemental marketing materials, product allocation, new product availability, or future promotional, joint marketing, or sponsorship programs.
- c. The MAP policy will apply to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
4. APPLICABLE ADVERTISED PRICING
- a. General. This Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, Electronic Advertising (defined below), as well as flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, & signage.
- b. “Electronic Advertising” will include, but is not limited to dealer’s website, social media sites, apps, search engine advertising, broadcast e‐mail newsletters, e‐mail solicitations, automated response pricing e‐mails, SMS or other phone/electronic text messages, search engine optimization, banners, pop‐ups or pop‐up under ads, price comparison sites, auction functions or websites, shopping websites, shopping feed and portal sites, online display advertising, or similar electronic media, including advertisements and marketing by affiliates.
- c. Examples of Advertising that Violates this Policy. If the advertising method provides or suggest a price below the MAP, such advertising will violate this Policy. Examples of advertising methods that violate this Policy include but are not limited to the following: i. Using a rebate, coupon, promotion, coupon or promo code, giveaway, or incentive that reduces the advertised price below the MAP. ii. Advertising free or discounted products included with a covered product if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of covered products below the MAP. iii. Offering free shipping of a covered products if the monetary value for such offer results in the display of the price for such product below the MAP. iv. Displaying any strike‐through or other alteration of a MAP to suggest that lower price below the MAP is available. v.Using “click on” or “click through” buttons on a website, or any similar buttons or automated price quotation transmission features, to provide automatic price quotations at or below the established MAP. vi. Internet auction sites and or tools such as, but not limited to, name your price, forward auction, reverse auction, or unique bid auction may not be used to advertise Jaipur Living product prices below the MAP. vii. Using third party marketplaces such as, but not limited to, Amazon.com, Houzz.com, and Facebook Marketplace may not be used to advertise Jaipur Living product prices below the MAP. viii. Employing website features such as “click for price" (including but not limited to “Click ‘Buy’ for Price,” “Click ‘Add to Cart’ for Price,” “Click for Quote,” “Click here for Lower Price,” “Add to Cart for Lower Price,” or “Check Cart for Lower Price”), automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the dealer (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this Policy which could violate this Policy if used in connection with prices below the MAP.
- d. This MAP policy also applies to any activity which Jaipur Living determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP policy, such as solicitations for "group purchases" and the like.
5. PRICING EXCLUDED FROM THIS POLICY
- a. Call-For-Price. It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price," or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Jaipur Living products, so long as no price is listed. Electronic mail, texts, or telephone calls sent or made directly in response to a customer inquiry is not considered to be “Electronic Advertising.”
- b. In-Store Displays. This MAP policy does not apply to in‐store displays and advertising, including but not limited to signage, price tags or prices written in a sample book, as long as such displays and advertising are not distributed to any customers. For the avoidance of doubt, in‐ store advertisements may not be displayed through digital media cross‐promotion, including without limitation Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- c. Cart Prices. This Policy does not apply to the price that is displayed on the Internet after a product is added to a “cart” so long as the shopping cart technology does not allow a below MAP price to be displayed as a search engine result or otherwise revealed to the general public.
- d. “Lowest Prices.” It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP policy.
- e. Occasional Exceptions. From time to time, Jaipur Living may permit resellers to advertise MAP products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Jaipur Living reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- f. Discontinued Products. From time to time, Jaipur Living may offer specific discontinued and/or closeout products that will not be subject to this Policy as long as they are accurately advertised as Discontinued and/or Closeout.
- g. Manufacturer Rebates. From time to time, Jaipur Living may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that: i. the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style; ii. an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and iii. “after manufacturer's rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
6. POLICY ENFORCEMENT
- a. If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then Jaipur Living will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
- b. Jaipur Living reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend dealers' account if Jaipur Living reasonably believes a dealer has violated, or intends to violate, the provisions of this Policy.
- c. Jaipur Living's MAP policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- d. Waivers to this MAP policy may be granted in Jaipur Living's sole discretion by the MAP policy Administrator in writing. Jaipur Living Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that the MAP policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP policy, dealers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP policy. Any action taken by Jaipur Living under this MAP Policy shall be without liability to Jaipur Living.
- e. Jaipur Living reviews the advertised prices of dealers, either directly or via the use of thirdparty agencies or tools. Dealers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Jaipur Living investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Jaipur Living MAP policy investigation is a violation of this MAP policy.
- f. The MAP policy will be enforced by Jaipur Living in its sole discretion and without notice. Dealers, distributors, and resellers have no right to enforce the MAP policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP policy should be directed in email to email@example.com.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
- a. These policies have been established to help promote the Jaipur Living brand and give all resellers an equal ability to sell and promote the product. Jaipur Living reserves the right to modify or suspend this MAP policy or adjust the MAP for any product at any time. Such changes will apply equally to all resellers.
- b. The terms of this MAP Policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to any other party.